Saturday, August 2, 2014

CHAPTER THIRTEEN is Now Available To Read 


CHAPTER THIRTEEN
Nick tried calling her ever thirty minutes all weekend. By Monday morning,
he was not a happy man. It was small wonder that when she walked in the office
that morning, he lit into her like a mad man.
“Where the fuck have you been? I’ve been trying to contact you all weekend
and you didn’t answer your phone.” He was so furious that he didn’t even wait
until she put down that ridiculous pink bag. It occurred to him over the weekend
that he was jealous and he didn’t understand or like it. Not one bit.
“I don’t have a phone.” She turned her back on him, put her bag down, and
went into the little break area. He stood there for all of thirty seconds and
stormed after her.
“Yes, you do. Now, I want to know where you were that you were too busy
to answer it.” He could hear himself and realized how stupid he was sounding.
He wanted to shake her, and make her pay attention to him.
“I’m really tired, Dr. Grant, and I think I’d remember if I heard a phone ring.
You have three appointments this morning and another two this afternoon
there...”
“I don’t give a flying fuck about the appointments. Come with me.” When he
reached for her arm, she jerked back so suddenly she fell into her desk and
nearly knocked over the computer.
“Don’t touch me. I’ve told you before; I don’t like to be touched. I have work
to do. What do you want?” For the first time, he noticed the dark circles under
her eyes and the bruise on her jaw.
“What’s wrong with you? What happened to your face? Did someone hit
you?” He found himself wanting to protect her and spank her at the same time.
“Yes. Now, what is it you want? I don’t have a phone. I don’t want a phone.
And I don’t know what you’re talking about.” She turned on the computer to
begin her day.
“Come with me. I’m going to show you the phones. And you didn’t properly
answer my questions. Who hit you?” They were making their way to the private
elevators as he spoke. When he pushed the button, he noticed she was gone and
the stairwell door was closing. What the hell...?
He started to follow her and just then the doors opened. He stepped inside
and decided to wait for her down there. Just as he stepped off the lift, his brother
Byron was standing there.
“Hey, I was just coming to see you. Where you going?” He was still moving
his things out of the studio and into his own. Nick could see the last of the crates
being loaded onto the service elevator.
“That stupid woman says there is no phone in her apartment. I’ve come
down to prove it to her. She didn’t pick up all weekend. What if I needed her to
go and get something out of the office for some reason? How would she have
known to go and get it?” The object of his disdain was just coming through the
door as he finished.
“Hello, Mr. Grant. Thank you for the use of your apartment. I don’t believe
I’ve had the opportunity to thank you before.” She moved to the door and
unlocked it. Then she stood back for both men to enter ahead of her.
Nick pulled out his cell phone and hit redial. He looked at her with a sneer
as he waited for the ringing to begin.
“Morgan, would you mind if I had a look around to see what else is here that
I can use at the house? I promise not to disturb anything.” Flirt, Nick thought.
Always flirting.
“It’s your apartment, Mr. Grant. Look at anything you want. I’m waiting for
the phones to start ringing. I don’t know what he’s about. I’ve never heard a
phone in here since I started staying here.” She moved to the kitchen and sat
down at the table to wait.
Nick could hear the phone ringing in his ear, but nothing in the little
apartment. He went to the bedrooms and then all through the living room,
having to call a second, then a third time when it cut him off saying there was no
answer and to call again.
“I know I had phone service installed the day before you moved in here.
Where are the phones?” He looked at her; he was tapping his foot as he waited.
“I don’t have any phones because I don’t have any service. If you had them
install service, they didn’t leave any phones here. Thus, I don’t have phone
service. How am I suppose to know there is a ringing phone if there isn’t a phone
to hear, you moronic jackass? If you plan to half-ass a job, then you should
expect half-assed results. I have work to do. Lock up when you leave, or don’t. I
could care less.” She nearly bowled over Byron as he entered the kitchen and
with a mumbled apology, she slammed out of the apartment.
“You handled that with grace and aplomb. Congratulations, big brother,
you’ve officially become a class A ass.” He watched as Byron left the apartment
too.
They were right; he was becoming unhinged. He flopped down in the
kitchen chair she had just left and rubbed his chest. He couldn’t for the life of
him figure out what was wrong with him. He pulled out his cell and called
Damon.
“I think I need to see you. I can’t...my chest is burning and I can’t eat again.”
Ten minutes later, he was walking into his brother’s office to get checked out

Tune in next week for  CHAPTER  FOURTEEN

Buy Links:












The grant brothers series in reading order 
















Now Available 

“Do you know what you are to me?” She shook her head as he whispered to her. His mouth was doing incredible things to her and she wanted more. “Mate? You’re my mate. Do you know what that means?”

Her body seemed to come alive at his words. She struggled to pull from him and he let her go, but he didn’t back off. She moved back from him as far as the wall and tried to get her mind to function again. She was not going to be his mate, not any man’s.

“You have to go. I won’t bother you anymore if you do the same for me.” He moved to within a foot of her and she put up her hands. “I don’t want you here. Please, you can’t want me as a mate. I don’t…I’m not even sure that this isn’t some ploy to get what you want. Or money. Is that it?” She looked up at him as he started cursing.
Hunter Emerson and his brothers answered the request of a pack looking for a new Alpha and moved to Sommersville. Since they were all Alphas, Hunter didn’t have the clue that he was the new Alpha until he arrived. It didn’t sit well with him at all that a woman held herself in recluse and wouldn’t answer and pledge herself to the new Alpha. What she could be doing there on that big estate with no one around to witness… His mind reeled with the possibilities―none of them good.
Slone Morris had an understanding with the local pack―leave her alone and she’d let the pack stay on her land free of charge. It was as simple as that. She didn’t deal well with people. But the new Alpha in town wouldn’t take “Fuck off” for an answer.

Slone’s past threatened to rear its ugly head at every turn. There was one―someone she thought she trusted―who didn’t want the past dredged back up. He was determined to stop her―at all cost…
Now Available 




Buy Links 
















Book Trailer 



Next New Release  Aug 2014

“I’m Misha. Say it please. 
I want to hear you say my name.
” Her breathless reply had him grinning.
 “Not Mr. Lanning. Misha.
 Say it, Hannah. 
Say my name so I can kiss you properly.”
 Less
“I’m Misha. Say it please. 
I want to hear you say my name.
” Her breathless reply had him grinning.
 “Not Mr. Lanning. Misha. Say it, Hannah.
 Say my name so I can kiss you properly.”

“I don’t know how. Know how to kiss at all.”
 He brushed his mouth over hers, happy with her confession. 
“You should stop now.”

He ran his tongue over her lips and watched as she ran her own over her lips, as if she were tasting him there. 
With a small groan, he took her lower lip into his mouth and suckled it until she put her hand on his arm.
 Her breathless “Don’t” made him want more.




You all are invited to attend the Misha  Release party !!!!! just click the link to join 





https://www.facebook.com/events/293159014205256/?ref=2&ref_dashboard_filter=hosting







Happy Reading 





Kathi S Barton 






 




No comments:

Post a Comment