Sunday, September 7, 2014

CHAPTER EIGHTEE is Now Available To Read 


CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
The house was in a tizzy. Meggie was gone. The nursemaid had come
tearing out of the little girl’s room about an hour ago screaming that she’d been
kidnapped, stolen by aliens, and had run away all in one breath. It had taken
Spencer ten minutes to calm her down.
“What happened to her, do you think? I’ve searched everywhere I can think
of. Christ!” Spencer was pacing and, frankly, driving the household crazy.
“She ever run away before? I mean, with you?” She’d taken off a couple
times from her mother over the past few weeks, and everyone was concerned
about the reason for that. Nick thought it was because her mother was a bitch,
but he kept that opinion to himself.
“No, especially not here. She loves coming here with Mom and Dan. I’m
going to take a walk around the grounds again, maybe look in the...”
Nick turned to see what had stopped him. Coming down the stairs was
Meggie and Morgan. Meggie was clutching her dolly while she waited for
Morgan to move slowly down the steps. The progress was made slower because
she would stop to move the crutches out of the way and “talk” with her at every
step.
Spencer ran to his daughter and scooped her up in his arms. He was raining
kisses all over her face and holding her to him as he turned to Morgan.
“How did you find her?” Even from across the room, Nick could see the look
of confusion on her face. Evidently, so did Spence. “She’s been missing, and I
thought she’d . never mind. Where did you find her?” Spencer asked Morgan.
“I didn’t, she found me. She came into the bedroom around two I guess. She
was just there when I opened my eyes. She’s been very helpful to me already,
haven’t you?” Nick watched her answer his brother in both voice and sign
language so that Meggie could keep up. “I’m all packed, so I’d really like to go
back to the Grant building now.”
“Hello, Morgan, welcome to my home. You’re staying for Thanksgiving
dinner, honey. Didn’t these idiots tell you?” Ms. Parker came out of the kitchen
just as Morgan got to the bottom of the stairs.
“No, they didn’t. But I’m not staying. I...if I could use your phone, I’ll call
someone to come and get me. I didn’t realize it was Thanksgiving.” She turned to
glare at Nick then she moved to follow his mom in the kitchen. He followed as
well.
“You are not going back home. It’s home, not the Grant building, not Byron’s
apartment, home. Why do you have such a problem with that? Home, four
letters. Shouldn’t be too hard to remember for someone with your obvious
intellect.”
“Well, I can think of another four letters that go very nicely with ‘off’ that I’m
betting you’re very familiar with too. Would you like to know what they are?
Ms. Parker, I really need to use the phone, please.” When she turned her back on
him, he saw red. Damn it, he’d had about enough of her.
“You are not going home. You are going to stay and have an enjoyable
dinner with us. Then on Sunday night, if I don’t murder you between now and
then, I’ll take you back to your apartment. Sit down before you fall.” She was
swaying slightly. Didn’t the stupid woman know when to take it easy?
Morgan sat down and, before he could feel any sort of satisfaction for it, she
swung at him with her crutch, knocking both is feet out from under him. He
landed hard on his ass and hands.
“Fuck! That hurt. What the hell do...?”
“Listen to me, you arrogant jackass. I do not take orders from you. I am
going back to the fucking Grant building and staying in the fucking apartment
that you ordered me into. Then, on Monday morning, if I haven’t killed you
before then, I will collect my last check and quit. I hate you!” And before he could
say a single word, she burst into tears.


Tune in next week for  CHAPTER  NINETEEN

Buy Links:












The grant brothers series in reading order 







                    Now Available



Lenore MacFinley, Lenny to her friends, is a homicide detective, and a damn good one. But when she finds herself next on the hit list, things turn deadly. Broke and critically injured, Lenny wants nothing to do with the handsome, bossy Were Tiger. 

Jules Golden finds himself tricked into meeting his new mate. He has made a name for himself as a potter and an artist, and is happy with his life the way it is. A new mate isn’t part of his carefully laid plans. 

“You’re my mate. Do you know what that means?” She nodded, then shook her head. “You either do or you don’t, Lenore. Which is it? Your understanding of our relationship is going to be much easier to explain if you have at least a little knowledge of what’s going on.” 

“Oh, I understand what it means. I just don’t care. I’m not going to be your mate and you aren’t going to get the opportunity to try and convince me otherwise.” 

Fate isn’t through with Lenny. The first attempt to take her life has failed, but the nemesis isn’t giving up and is determined that Lenny won’t make it to her 25th birthday. Lenny’s days are numbered and even those that can see the future admit to two possible outcomes, and Jule’s fate is tied to hers. 

Things heat up and the Golden’s Streak must band together again to protect their own, but when Jules inadvertently gets in the way will they be too late? Find out in the next installment of the Golden Streak Series―Jules. 


Buy Links 




B&N  coming soon






Book Trailer

Next Release Opal on Sept 26th 2014




Happy Reading 





Kathi S Barton 






 




1 comment: